Free Fillable Forms
This is a form-based product. KY File users should familiarize themselves with Kentucky forms by reading the instructions.
What you should know before you begin:
- Users must have a valid SSN or ITIN to use this program.
- This site can perform basic calculations but users will need to perform some calculations themselves.
- This site supports state submissions but IRS prep and IRS e-file submissions need to be submitted to the IRS via another method.
- Users that need to submit a copy of their federal return may include it as a .pdf file with their state submission.
- Attached files should not be password protected or encrypted.
- Users can file the current year tax return, as well as tax years 2020 and 2019.
- Refund checks are available through KY File; however, direct deposit is not available.
- All account information will be purged December 7th each year.
- Pop-up blockers interfere with the operation of this application. Please disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from this site. See FAQ’s on how to disable.
Free File Fillable Forms is not for use by paid tax return preparers.
Contribute a better translation